Dow Corning has introduced a range of advanced new silicone technologies for the Asia Pacific building and construction industry at Window Door Façade Expo China (in booth 6F18).
Silicone Technologies for Building and Construction
The new high-performance materials include:
| Dow Corning® 121 Structural Glazing Sealant
- Dow Corning® 121 Structural Glazing Sealant for repair or replacement of structural glass
- Dow Corning® 896 PanelFix Silicone Adhesive
- Dow Corning® PanelFix system, a complete fixation system for elastic bonding of ventilated façade panels
The company also featured its recently launched Dow Corning® 796 Window and Door Installation System Silicone Sealant, which is designed for perimeter sealing of polyvinylchloride (PVC), glass, brick, concrete and composite materials.
Academic Exchange Conference
Dow Corning, which has participated in Window Door Façade Expo for more than 15 years, also presented at the show’s Academic Exchange conference:
Jerry Ma, senior technical manager, Dow Corning, spoke on "Reliable Silicone Technology Helps to Build Safe and Sustainable Buildings
" during the Anti-Typhoon Session on March 11 from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
“Dow Corning continues to develop new, industry-leading silicone technologies to meet evolving industry mandates, from greater sustainability to increased protection against a range of natural and man-made threats,” said Jean Paul Hautekeer, global strategic market director, Building and Construction, Dow Corning. “Building upon our 50 years of exceptional industry leadership, we are creating products that are helping our building and construction customers in Asia expand design frontiers to steadily increase the safety, durability, energy efficiency and aesthetics of tomorrow’s buildings.”
Advanced Silicone Solutions for Asia Pacific
Dow Corning® 121 Structural Glazing Sealant
| Dow Corning® 896 PanelFix Silicone Adhesive
Dow Corning® PanelFix
- It is a neutral-cure, room temperature vulcanization (RTV) silicone sealant for on-site and in-shop repair or replacement of structural glazing – including storefront systems or the attachment of panel stiffeners
- Delivers durable, ultraviolet (UV)-resistant performance and excellent movement capability
- Compared with slow-curing one-part sealants, this product offers increased efficiency and productivity, enabling repairs that can be completed in 24 hours instead of the standard 14-21 days
- Its unique one-to-one mix ratio, two-part cartridge and included static mixer make it simple to dispense without the need for special equipment
- The new Dow Corning PanelFix is a complete fixation system for façade cladding, comprised of Dow Corning 896 PanelFix Silicone Adhesive, Dow Corning® PanelFix Tape and Dow Corning® Primers and Cleaners
- Highly elastic Dow Corning 896 PanelFix Silicone Adhesive is specifically designed for non-glass panel applications that require extreme durability and fast handling
- It provides primerless adhesion to a variety of substrates, such as anodized aluminum and mineral substrates and, with extensive movement capability, is well suited for any size panel
- In the factory, it is used to bond hooks onto the panel. On site, together with PanelFix Tape, the adhesive enables direct application of façade panels to the subframe
The Dow Corning PanelFix system is currently the only silicone-based adhesive method assessed and awarded technical approval by the British Board of Agrément (BBA) for bonding rainscreen cladding panels – both in the factory and on site. Because it eliminates the need for metal fasteners between the panel and the supporting structure that require additional thickness, lighter-weight, less-expensive cladding options can be used. This adhesive system also enables a virtually invisible bond, which improves the aesthetic appearance of the façade.
For installers, the PanelFix solution provides time-saving features including easy surface preparation, fast handling and instant green strength.
Another featured product, Dow Corning 796 Window and Door Installation System Silicone Sealant, is a one-part, low-modulus, neutral-curing sealant popular for perimeter sealing. It delivers good adhesion to polyvinylchloride (PVC) and a wide range of other substrates, and resists degradation from ozone, UV light and temperature extremes. Its low modulus is a key factor in high-quality, long-lasting window seals. Dow Corning 796 Sealant conforms with China’s GB/T 14683-2003 standard.
Dow Corning’s high-performance silicone materials are widely used in many of China’s most notable high-rise buildings, including the Shenzhen Ping An International Finance Center, the Shanghai Center, the Guangzhou TV Tower and the Hong Kong International Finance Center.
Dow combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world's most challenging problems, such as the need for fresh food, safer and more sustainable transportation, clean water, energy efficiency, more durable infrastructure, and increasing agricultural productivity.
About Dow Corning
Dow Corning, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company, provides performance-enhancing solutions to serve the diverse needs of more than 25,000 customers worldwide. One of the global leaders in silicones, silicon-based technology and innovation, Dow Corning offers more than 7,000 products and services via the company’s Dow Corning® and XIAMETER® brands.
Source: Dow Corning