CINCINNATI, OH -- Emery Oleochemicals has announced its EMEROX® Azelaic Acid as an alternative to sebacic acid. EMEROX® Azelaic Acid can be used as an intermediate reactant or directly in formulated products. It is the preferred choice for a broad range of applications.
- low temperature and polymeric plasticizers
- nylon and fibers
- polyamide hot melts
- polyester films and adhesives
- urethane elastomers.
Benefits of EMEROX® Azelaic Acid
- lower melting point which reduces processing time and cost,
- excellent flexibility,
- improved polymer low-temperature impact strength without sacrificing high temperature performance,
- excellent hydrolysis resistance,
- low water absorption,
- high impact resistance,
- improved solubility characteristics,
- lower pour point of esters which improves cold temperature flow
- lower molecular weight which produces more ester per pound of acid.
With manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe and Asia, Emery Oleochemicals is backward-integrated, ensuring security of supply for EMEROX® Azelaic Acid. Emery offers a sustainable solution with its use of renewable raw materials as feedstock and green chemistries. Emery Oleochemicals is committed to being your preferred partner for EMEROX® Azelaic Acid as an effective alternative to sebacic acid.
About Emery Oleochemicals Group
Emery Oleochemicals Group is a leading producer of natural-based chemicals made predominantly from natural oils and fats such as plant-based oil and tallow. It offers an extensive product portfolio, including renewable solutions for the Agro Green, Bio-Lubricants, Eco-Friendly Polyols, Green Polymer Additives, Home & Personal Wellness and OleoBasics markets. With revenue of US700million (2015), the company is headquartered in Malaysia and has manufacturing plants and Technical Development Centers spanning three continents – North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. Emery Oleochemicals’ global operations are supported by a diverse workforce and an extensive global distribution network covering over 50 countries worldwide.
Source: Emery Oleochemicals