Master Bond has developed EP3HTND-2Med Black, a high strength, fast curing epoxy
for use in the assembly of medical devices. It fully meets USP Class VI specifications. This one part system delivers superior resistance to a variety of sterilization methods such as chemical sterilants, EtO, radiation and especially autoclaving.
Higher the Temperature, Faster the Cure Speed
As a one component system, EP3HTND-2Med Black does not require any mixing and essentially has an unlimited working life at room temperature. This epoxy has a paste consistency and is formulated not to flow while curing. It cures within minutes when heated at 250-300°F. The higher the temperature, the faster the cure speed. Also, it has low shrinkage upon curing.
Properties of EP3HTND-2Med Black Epoxy
About Master Bond
- This system bonds well to a wide variety of substrates including glass, metals, ceramics and most plastics.
- EP3HTND-2Med Black features a tensile strength of 5,000-6,000 psi and tensile lap shear strength of 1,600-1,800 psi at room temperature.
- It is a competent electrical insulator with a volume resistivity exceeding 1014 ohm-cm. The service temperature range of this compound is -60°F to +400°F [-51°C to +204°C].
- EP3HTND-2Med Black is available in ½ pints, pints, quarts, gallons and 5 gallon containers as well as syringes.
- This epoxy has a 6 month shelf life when stored at room temperature in its original, unopened containers.
Master Bond Inc. formulates the highest quality products and offers unmatched technical advice and customer support. Its product line consists of advanced adhesives, sealants, coatings, potting/encapsulation compounds and impregnation resins. Each compound is designed to meet specific application needs and requirements. Master Bond manufactures over 3,000 grades of specially designed formulations. The company offers replacements for competitors' discontinued products.
Source: Master Bond