At the Middle East Coatings Show (MECS), WACKER has announced that it is presenting several novel polymeric binders to optimize the performance of adhesives and construction applications.
Novel Polymeric Binders
VINNAPAS® EP 6420
For formulating water-based adhesives
in demanding paper and packaging applications, WACKER is presenting the new VINNAPAS® EP 6420.
| The new VINNAPAS® EP 6420 offers best-in-class
for nozzle applications, showing
stability without skin formation
- It is an all-purpose VAE binder
- Offers best-in-class performance for nozzle applications
- Shows excellent running stability without skin formation
- Demonstrates a good adhesion/cohesion balance, outstanding cleanability, high setting speed and enhanced machine processing
VINNAPAS® EP 6420 allows for formulations with a very broad range of viscosities due to its optimal viscosity and solids content, as well as its high sedimentation stability when diluted to low viscosities.
VINNAPAS® EP 701K
For difficult-to-bond substrates that require increasingly better adhesion, WACKER has developed the new VINNAPAS® EP 701K.
- It has higher ethylene content and a rather low glass transition temperature (Tg -10 °C)
- Ideal base to bond challenging surfaces
- It has high bonding strength, quick setting speed and good machine runability
- Perfectly suited for laminating plastic films to coated and uncoated paper
Typical applications of VINNAPAS® EP 701K include paper bags and boxes, book covers or PVC (polyvinyl chloride) film lamination for furniture. The chemical composition of VINNAPAS® EP 701K enables the formulation of adhesives with low migration potential.
| Caulk and sealant applications based on
the new dispersion VINNAPAS® EAF 7815
show excellent workability
The new VINNACEL® 201 is polymeric modifier specifically designed for the needs of the region Middle East and Africa.
- It is an easy-to-use solution to professionally modify dry-mix mortars with one single additive to improve the workability
- The product significantly reduces the water absorption, especially in exterior applications
- In plasters, tile grouts or skim coats, the powder offers protection against salt formation, efflorescence and dirt pick-up
- Further notable are its enhanced bond, compressive and flexural strength. Thus, mortars can be easily and efficiently improved for higher building and living quality
The New VINNAPAS® EAF 7815
- It is a dispersion based on vinyl acetate, ethylene and acrylate
- The product is an ideal binder for diverse caulks and sealants applications, such as sealing joints on windows, staircases or doors, cracks in walls, or HVAC
- Offers a good crack resistance, high elongation and bonding strength, and excellent adhesion to various substrates, especially on concrete and PVC
- Enables the formulation of paintable and even fire-retardant caulks and sealants
- It has excellent workability, reduced odor and cost-in-use advantages
WACKER is one of the globally active chemical groups headquartered in Munich, Germany. With a wide range of state-of-the-art specialty products, WACKER is one of the leaders in numerous fields and industries. Its products are required in countless high-growth end-user sectors, such as photovoltaics, electronics, pharmaceuticals and household/personal-care products. In 2015, the Group generated sales of some €5.3 billion with a staff of 17,000 employees.