The Universal Selection Source:
Adhesives Ingredients

Medical Adhesives - Part 1: Medical Device Assembly

SpecialChem / Alain Morin – Dec 2, 2009

The ChemQuest Group, Inc. estimates the US adhesive market for assembly of disposable medical devices to have been $61 million in 2008 (11% AGR over the last 5 years). The global market was estimated to be about $120 million that same year, with about 70% of the non-US volume being consumed in Europe, while the remaining 30% being accounted for in the Asia Pacific region. Growth in this region was expected to outpace that of both the US and Europe. Asia Pacific growth was forecast to be about 22% during that period as more manufacturing was shifted to that region. Double digit AGR in assembly of disposable medical devices should be expected over the next 5 years!! Perharps even more exciting are estimates that only one-half of the applications that could be served by adhesives are actually using adhesives in assembly, leaving significant growth opportunity for the industry.

Be the first to comment on "Medical Adhesives - Part 1: Medical Device Assembly"

Leave a comment

Your email address and name will not be published submitting a comment or rating implies your acceptance to SpecialChem Terms & Conditions
Improve your performance with water soluble epoxy compounds
Channel Alerts

Receive weekly digests on hot topics

Back to Top